It's essential for any business to have its very own website domain name. After all, it's the calling card consumers, potential partners, and other online visitors use to find resources, data, and services. Most times, finding a unique, yet memorable domain name can be difficult. Luckily, with these simple tips, you can choose a domain name that stands out from the competition.
1. Brainstorm creative keywords and phrases. Use a variety of tools to help you come up with an array of options. Consider differences in spelling and shortening words combined with meaningful adjectives to illustrate the business offerings.
2. Check domain name availability. Utilize domain name availability checkers online to check and see which domains are available. Some of these checking tools are free and offer a variety of domain extensions.
3. Keep it simple and short. Idea for good domain names should generally be short, meaning fewer than 20 characters. Given the short attention span of most visitors to a website, keep your domain name simple and easy to remember.
4. Avoid numbers and hyphens. Availability of certain words can often lead to mixing in numbers and hyphens. Although it might make the domain name available,try to avoid such additions to the domain name as they will be more difficult to remember and type into url bars.
5. Keep Your Target Audience in mind. Use words and phrases you know your target audience is familiar with.
6. Consistent branding. It's also important to match your domain name to your business name, slogan, and other branding initiatives. It not only keeps things cohesive and easy for your customers to remember, but it also prevents other companies from stealing similar domain names.
By following these steps, you can ensure your business has a unique and creative domain name that will stand out to potential customers and other businesses. Ultimately, the brilliance of a great domain name can pay dividends for years to come in terms of online success!